BTEC Level 3
National Extended Diploma in Sport (Football)
Their is a realistic balance between the focus on both youreducational development and industry experience.Your studies will equip you for either a business or university career.
Welcome to West Oxfordshire Sports Academy (WOSA). For boys & girls aged 16+ school leavers & talented players who seek a career in sport, West Oxfordshire Sports Academy has been launched to offer FA & 1/2 year BTEC courses in Sport (Football)
Delivered in partnership with The Oxford Academy, The Oxfordshire FA & The Junior Premier League, it’s the perfect place to be if you’re looking for a springboard to your future career.
Hosted at Carterton Football Club, OX181DY in newly refurbished classrooms, indoor Futsal facility & on quality pitches.
We honour the importance of a realistic balance between the focus on both your educational development and industry experience. Your studies will equip you for a possible business career and provide you with the potential to apply to a range of Universities.
- BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Sport (Performance & Excellence) – worth up to 3 A Levels, and will facilitate an entrance into University.
- GCSE English and/or Maths ‐ For those who just miss out on a C grade in English and/or Mathematics, we provide tuition to retake these all important qualifications. Essential for those that want to move on to University.
- Functional skills level 2 in English and/or Maths – For those that missed out on GCSE English and/or Mathematics, functional skills may be the best route for progression.
A BTEC National Extended Diploma is traditionally made up of a series of units, including:
During the course you will cover the following subjects:
- Principles of Anatomy & Physiology
- The Physiology of Fitness
- Assessing Risk in Sport
- Fitness Training for Sport & Exercise
- Fitness Testing for Sport & Exercise
- Sport Nutrition
- Psychology for Sports Performance
- Analysis of Sports Performance
- Technical & Tactical Skills in Sport
- The Athlete’s Lifestyle
- Sports Coaching
- Current Issues in Sport
- Practical Team Sport
- Instructing Physical Activity & Exercise
- Talent Identification & Development in Sport
- Sports Injuries
- Work Experience in Sport
- Rules, Regulations & Officiating in Sport
- Sport as a Business