BTEC Level 2
School Leavers 16+ Study Programmes
Pearson BTEC Level 2 First Extended Certificate in Sport (Football)
Welcome to West Oxfordshire Sports Academy (WOSA). For boys & girls aged 16+ school leavers & talented players who seek a career in sport, West Oxfordshire Sports Academy has been launched to offer FA & 1 year BTEC courses in Sport (Football)
Delivered in partnership with The Oxford Academy, The Oxfordshire FA & The Junior Premier League, it’s the perfect place to be if you’re looking for a springboard to your future career.
Hosted at Carterton Football Club, OX181DY in newly refurbished classrooms, indoor Futsal facility & on quality pitches.
We honour the importance of a realistic balance between the focus on both your educational development and industry experience. Your studies will equip you for a possible business career and provide you with the potential to apply to a range of Universities.
- Pearson BTEC Level 2 First Extended Certificate in Sport – worth up to 3 GCSE’s, and will facilitate entrance to Level 3 study or progression to employment.
- GCSE English and/or Maths ‐ For those who just miss out on a C grade in English and/or Mathematics, we provide tuition to retake these all important qualifications. Essential for those that want to move on to University.
- Functional skills level 2 in English and/or Maths – For those that missed out on GCSE English and/or Mathematics, functional skills may be the best route for progression.
The NQF Level 2 BTEC Firsts in Sport is traditionally made up of a series of units. During the course you will cover the following subjects:
- Fitness for Sport & Exercise
- Practical Sports Performance
- The Mind & Sports Performance
- The Sports Performer in Action
- Training for Personal Fitness
- Leading Sports Activities
- Anatomy & physiology for Sports Performance
- Promotion & Sponsorship in Sport
- Profiling Sports Performance